Monday, April 20, 2009

'on EST (we ARE)' Solo Show

My proposal for a solo show "on EST (we ARE)" at Kudos Gallery has been accepted! The show will run for two weeks from the 9-20 June. Finally the day has come for me to show all my Stitched in Space works. Ever since I started the series, I have been very anxious about parting with any of the works before they were exhibited all together as a family, as I felt they shared such a strong bond, that detached from this community they would suffer.

I'll also be showing my Fluidity series, and other drawing/oil portraits. I haven't done a portrait for 2 months (a long time!) so I might start working on new series for the show.

'on EST (we ARE)' is a show about humanity's increasing vulnerability and our cannabilistic attitude to images, particularly of humans. In the works, I have attempted to depict a raw humanity, yearning for meaning, in order to confront an audience on their mirroring vulnerability.

'on EST, French for 'we are' becomes 'honest' when pronouced in English. This honesty should be irresistable, as with the claim that these people exist-they 'are'. But this isn't always the case.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray!
    can't wait to see all your works up and running Mel.
    Now I think about it I want all my images to be shown together too.
    Although they are not in danger of being seperated (bought) any time soon.

    But with the mosman and waverly...well we never know.

    Looking forward to eating your cheese
    love jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel. it's kath hing. You have a blog? Cool. I'll be following you. looks good yo. xx

    ReplyDelete